Friday, June 25, 2010

Poodle to the Rescue

For those who know me personally, know that I have a standard poodle named Penelope "Penny". She's the perfect store dog because she doesn't shed and she looks like a giant stuffed animal. My appointments adore her.

Well, one Saturday when I had appointments every hour on the hour, somehow I locked Penny in my office with my phone, keys, computer, etc. Ryan is the only person with a spare key to Bella and he was riding his bike 60 miles to Bloomington that day. Go figure. And I had no way of reaching my landlord because her number was on my phone in the locked office. Nightmare.

"Get me out of here"

Penny is extremely agile and that's putting it lightly. The girl has major hops. I figured I'd keep my cool, wait for my appointment to leave then attempt to get Penny to open the door or worst case scenario - call a locksmith from the salon downstairs. Not knowing Penny was locked in the office, my appointment asks if they can meet Penny and I had to tell them my dilemma. The Mother of the Bride jumps off the couch and comes over to the glass door and tries to coax Penny to stand up by dangling things in front of the glass with hopes that she'll hit the handle and open the door. Forget about dresses, the goal now was to get Penny out of the office. After about 10 minutes of trying and several promising attempts by Penny - EUREKA - she opened the door!

After all my appointments were finished, we walked down to Three Dog Bakery and I bought Penny a well deserved treat and then we headed out to the Butler fields to run off some energy.

"Free at last"



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this story! Leave it the Penny Penster to save the day! What a good poodle. Dorsey dog would have just wookied and done hot laps in the office. :) Keep up the great blog posts Pom!

    ReplyDelete