Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Up for the Challenge


Back in January, I had a booth at the Indianapolis Monthly bridal show. I had no clue what to expect, I'd never been to a bridal show and I was more than grateful to have one of my BFFs (Meredith) there to help me. I'll sum it up for you, bridal shows are a bit overwhelming. Come prepared to ward off pushy vendors and ready to eat lots of cake/ cupcake samples.


My booth at the show.

I took the approach of - smile, be cordial and if they like what they see they'll grab a card or ask questions. I didn't want to be like that sales clerk who constantly asks if you need help finding anything. All in all, the bridal show was a learning experience and fantastic exposure for Bella, but the ultimate highlight of that show was one bride that I "met" that day.

As I was loading mannequins into my car, a Mother of the Bride approached me and asked it I was the owner of Bella. I told her yes and she explained they were running late to the bridal show and that they saw some of my dresses midst tear down and really wanted to come into my store. The next week, the bride called and setup an appointment. She came in with her family and I knew instantly that I was going to love working with them.

Rebekah was getting married in June and was looking for a dress that would flatter her 11 bridesmaids. She had a vision of the color she wanted - a shade of green that I would call Apple. Sidenote: I love a bride with a vision. I was totally on board for the challenge. After trying on dresses and narrowing down styles, she decided on LulaKate's Alex style dress with a long straight skirt in Jasmine dupioni. Throughout the decision process, Rebekah came into the store a handful of times with her Mom and her bridesmaids. During this, I got to know her and totally admired her fun- loving attitude and contagious positive energy! I was a bit sad when they came to pick up the dresses because that meant she didn't have a reason to come to the store! I'm sure we'll keep in touch.

Here are a few pics from her wedding courtesy of Carpenter Photography.




Congratulations to the Elliotts!
It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your day!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding party! That dress looks so flattering on every bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,

    You are so fabulous! The perfect combination of professionalism and friend. You were one of the biggest blessings throughout our entire wedding process. Best wishes with Bella and we should probably hang out again soon.

    Hi Penny!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete